Do you make New Year resolutions? I have but like others, by the end of January, I’ve failed at most of them. So this year I decided to try something a little different. I’m making goals to improve my life, goals that matter to me, by adding, continuing and removing some things. Maybe this post will give you some ideas for the New Year too.
My Top Five are:
- God first – By having God first, that means for me reading my Bible, praying, going to church. My “goal” here is to trust Him more, seek Him continually, listen always, and pray more intentionally. To help me with these, I signed up to do a fast with others online. The information is HERE if you are interested or want to know more. I’ve never done a fast like this so I’m excited and nervous at the same time.
- Self – By taking better care of ourselves we are better able to care for others. Some of my changes are more of what I love, like listening to music, reading, walks, getting a massage. And less of social media scrolling, needless shopping, and unhealthy foods.
- Others – We need each other. Social time is healthy, as long as we’re enjoying and laughing. My plan is to invite others to dinner monthly. I’d also like to spend more time with family and friends and have regular date nights with husband. Volunteering at a couple of organizations are on my radar too. Helping others by volunteering is good for my soul.
- Home stuff – My goal here is continuing to declutter, finish craft projects started and organize photos. We have a few more remodeling projects to complete.
- Writing stuff – Write something each day, continue my Hope*Writer membership and utilize it, read writing books and go to a Writer conference this year.
I think God looks at the heart (our motives) not what we have accomplished on our to-do list. As we commit our new year to Him, He will guide us and be there to help us. This Psalm is a good one to pray every morning.
Psalm 143:8 English Standard Version (ESV)
Let me hear in the morning of your steadfast love,
for in you I trust.
Make me know the way I should go,
for to you I lift up my soul.
How about you? Please share with me some of your ideas to set goals/resolutions in place. My email is Barbara@BarbaraAnnRepan.com
I’ve created a type of bullet journal page to help me track my progress. If you’d like a copy, you can download it HERE. You can save it to Excel and make your changes or email me your categories and I will make your changes for you.